Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yay! Not just me and my mum!

Hiya! Nice to see I have a reader or two! Thanks for the support you lovely people.

Today I'm wondering what the heck I'm doing. I walked out of work tired and cranky and resenting all the time I put in. But I've had my swim now and I'm feeling much better thank you very much!

But this teaching thing is an awful lot of work, isn't it? So what's the point of adding more work (i.e figuring out how to use this program or that hardware)? Sometimes I wonder.

Yes, we do have these digital natives coming up through the system, but there are also a heap of kids who don't have regular access to computers. Although - these kids usually watch a fair bit of TV, have an xbox or PS2, and are pretty familiar with other technologies.
But if they don't have access at home, shouldn't we be giving them as many experiences as possible while they're at school? If we don't, it might affect their options for the future. Mightn't it?

Anyway, even if we don't want to do the work, it's going to keep coming at us. So I guess in a way we're stuck with it.

More later when I'm in a less rambly state of mind. Sorry to those of you who actually read this post!!

No comments: